7.1.12

No End

I'd like to talk about design, especially product design today.
Nowadays, a lot of products have been manufactured in our lives. Most of them can make us live more comfortably, happily, easily and so on.
However, some of them could be not comfortable to use, such as..... I don't know..... like..... complicated stuff? Whatever.
So, now I had a question. Do the products must make us comfortable? or do they not have to be comfortable to use when they have another advantage?

In a nutshell, I have no idea about the question. I'm just thinking.

By the way, I'm making a model of an umbrella. I might show you at some point.




--------------------

2 comments:

  1. someone wants to have something very simple and useful one, but someone wants to have more colorful or decorated even if it's not useful.

    It's same same things everywhere. like clothes. someone wants to have really natural and comfortable one,but for example for me, it is not enough, it's boring.I want to wear more colorful and unique one even it is a little bit uncomfortable.

    so it depends. if designer has something stronger policy,it's stronger than just designed only thinking for sell.I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I'm on your side.
    I would say we need to compromise to a certain extent like you are saying.
    However, if there was a colorful and unique clothing which is also comfortable to wear, that would be great.
    So I had a question again. Can designers just ignore disadvantages of product they made? or Do they have to design and make completely perfect stuff?

    ReplyDelete